What is Otoplasty ?
Otoplasty, also known as aesthetic ear surgery, is a procedure to change the shape, position or size of the ears which is typically done on both ears to optimize symmetry. It can be done at any age — usually after age 5 — through adulthood and helps improve one’s self-confident as pinning back the ears make them look beter. Otoplasty can be done in a hospital or an outpatient surgical facility with sedation and local anesthesia.
Things to consider for Otoplasty:
- After otoplasty, your ears will be covered in bandages for protection and support.
- You’ll likely feel some discomfort and itching. Take pain killers as recommended by our doctor.
- To keep pressure off your ears, avoid sleeping on your side. Also try not to rub or place excessive force on the incisions.
- Consider wearing button-down shirts or shirts with loosefitting collars.
- A few days after otoplasty, your doctor will remove your bandages. Your ears will likely be swollen and red. You’ll need to wear a loose headband that covers your ears at night for two to six weeks. This will help keep you from pulling your ears forward when rolling over in bed.
- Be sure to follow all instructions given by your doctor after the procedure.
- Type of anaesthesia: Local
- Where you should have the surgery: In a hospital or an outpatient surgical facility
- Duration of the surgery: 1-2 hours
- Hospitalization: outpatient surgery
- Hotel stay after the surgery: 2 nights
- Total stay in Turkey: 3 nights
- Return to work: 10 days