What is Facelift & Neck Contouring ?
A facelift is a procedure in plastic surgery that aims to give a more youthful appearance to the face. It reshapes the lower half of the face by removing excess skin. Neck contouring helps restore balance to facial features by providing a better defined jawline that frames the rest of the face. Liposuction and lifting surgeries for neck are often combined for neck contouring.
Facelift and neck contouring surgeries, generally combined with upper and/or lower eyelid surgeries, botox, fillings and fat injections, make you look younger, help you have a tight and redefined jowl line and neck. Deep creases and folds around your eyes and mouth are removed and mid-facial sagging is improved.
Following the procedure, patients typically wear a special supportive facial corset for about 4 or 5 days, be ready to return to full activity after about 2 weeks. It is typical to experience some swelling and bruising after combined facial surgry; this should resolve during the first 10 to 14 days after surgery.
Things to consider for Facelift & Neck Contouring
- Rest with your head elevated in the first few days after the surgery.
- Take pain medication as recommended by our doctors.
- You need to wear a special garment that compresses your face and neck and helps reduce swelling. The neck-compression garment is usually needed for five to seven days after lifting surgery.
- Follow wound care instructions as directed by our surgeon.
- Do not pick at crusting scabs that develop on your wound.
- Follow instructions on when you can begin using shampoo and soaps and what kinds you can use.
- Wear clothes that fasten in the front (rather than clothes that are pulled over the head).
- Avoid excessive pressure or motion on and around the incisions.
- Avoid using makeup.
- Avoid vigorous aerobic activity or sports.
- Avoid direct sun exposure to the incision for three weeks and use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher thereafter.
- Avoid coloring, bleaching or perming hair for at least six weeks.
- Be sure to follow all instructions given by your doctor after the procedure.
- Type of anaesthesia: General
- Where you should have the surgery: In a full-fledged hospital
- Duration of the surgery: between 3-5 hours
- Hospitalization: 1 night
- Hotel stay after the surgery: 4 nights
- Total stay in Turkey: 6 nights
- Return to work: 10-14 days