What is Breast Reduction ?
Breast reduction is a plastic surgery procedure that reduces the size and weight of large, heavy breasts, helping patients have a more aesthetically pleasing breast contour. By removing excess breast tissue, fat, and sagging, stretched skin, our plastic surgeons do not only make the breasts smaller and firmer, but also improve breast symmetry and eliminate sagging. In a breast reduction, surgeons remove excess breast tissue, fat, and skin, moving the nipple/areola complex to a higher, more forward position on the chest.
Things to consider for Breast Reduction:
- Your chest will be bandaged, and you will need a special surgical bra.
- While you may be permitted to shower a few days after surgery, you will probably need help getting dressed, as you will not have full range of motion in your chest and shoulders at first.
- Our cosmetic surgeon will likely have you wait a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks before resuming exercise except walking; this helps to ensure your incisions heal properly.
- After about 2-3 months, your final results will be more or less in place and you can shop for new bras with confidence. However, you may see the subtle change for the first 6 to 12 months.
- Be sure to follow all instructions given by your doctor after the procedure.
- Type of anaesthesia: General
- Where you should have the surgery: In a full-fledged hospital
- Duration of the surgery: 2-5 hours
- Hospitalization: 1 night
- Hotel stay after the surgery: 2 nights
- Total duration of staying in Turkey: 4 nights
- Return to work: in 2 weeks